An Interest In:
Web News this Week
- November 20, 2023
- November 19, 2023
- November 18, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- November 14, 2023
Some of Our Sources
- Joshua Blankenship
- Smashing Apps
- You The Designer
- FanExtra - PSD
- Fudge Graphics
- Specky Boy
- Design Modo
One Weird Kubernetes Trick, Timothe Chalomet, our first Code Jam ever, and more
Happy November! Some of you may be in chaotic end-of-year mode, be it through school ahead of holiday break or at work during 2024 planning. Either way, I appreciate you taking the time to read our emails.
Things are far more buzzing than chaotic on our team. Weve been laying down a lot of groundwork towards building the new Glitch - which, in case you missed it, you can learn how to get involved here in the forum. The vision has always been building with the community, and so Im stoked that we kicked off our first Glitch Community Code Jams. All through November the community has been building around the theme of self-portrait.
Ive been building my own self-portrait for the jam too, live every Friday on our Youtube channel. Subscribe and join us sometime! I spend most of the hour showing off cool projects the community made on Glitch and then do some casual live coding while the chat helps me point out where I misplaced a comma. Hey, it keeps me humble!
See you on glitch.com
Jenn, Director of Community
P.S. Have you created anything on Glitch lately? Wed love to feature it as an upcoming App of the Week. Submit your creations - or your favorites from the community - here!
On the blogs
In the October edition of Last Month on Glitch, we showcase community projects built on WebXR, maps, Raspberry Pis, Timothe Chalomets wardrobe, and a lot more!
Here are some blog posts from the community that we loved!
- If you use Kubernetes, you're going to read this one: my teammate, Hannah Aubry, shared how to get the fastest and most secure experience with this One Weird Trick.
- Keiran Lee Farr put a lot of thought into building BabyPi, a toy computer for kids, using Glitch and a Raspberry Pi. In part 2, they shared a step-by-step guide on how to build one yourself!
- Rory Gianni recorded and shared out their hands-on introductory webinar for D3, a great way to get started if youre interested in building data visualizations!
- Our own Casey did a one-month review and update on their social bookmarking project ~postmarks.
- As someone obsessed with Wikipedia, I absolutely must share Stefan Bohaceks top edits on Wikipedia bot!
- And as the daughter of a former garbage truck driver, I also have to share the Google Chrome developer blogs post about WebAssembly Garbage Collection which includes a demo of it with Kotlin in action on Glitch~
Have you written about your Glitch apps on a blog, a conference talkanywhere? Let us know and well feature it in the next newsletter!
On the forum
Check out what the Glitch community is sharing and discussing:
- Fresh from The Gallery: @naotohieda taught a Hydra workshop and also found time to make code jam tool picker wheel! Also, @yonle created a really cool novel emulator called Novelscript.
- Say hi and share what youve been working on in the latest Community Open thread!
The Glitch Community Forum is the best way to ask the community for help, share what youre making, exchange friendly banter and get to know your fellow friendly Glitch creators. See you there!
Havent gone Pro yet? New subscribers can sign up for Glitch Pro with the code
SELFPORTRAIT and get 25% off. Youll get 100% of the superpowers Glitch Pro gives you like project access controls, always-on apps, and more!
Original Link: https://dev.to/glitch/one-weird-kubernetes-trick-timothee-chalomet-our-first-code-jam-ever-and-more-51om