An Interest In:
Web News this Week
- January 14, 2022
- January 13, 2022
- January 12, 2022
- January 11, 2022
- January 10, 2022
- January 9, 2022
- January 8, 2022
Some of Our Sources
- TutsPlus - Code
- Web Designer Wall
- Team Treehouse
- You The Designer
- CSS Tricks
- Spyre Studios
A recipe sharing web app with Django and React
Hello everyone. I've built a recipe sharing app using Django rest framework and React.js. This application has taught me a lot and wanted to share it with you guys.
- Django, Django rest framework
- React.js, Redux, TailwindCSS
- JWT based user registration and login.
- CRUD endpoints for recipes.
- Like and bookmark feature.
- Unit testing on the backend.
- Documentation of the API using
drf_spectacularwhich supports OAS3.
=> There are some things to be fixed on the frontend and other features will be added soon.
The frontend and backend are hosted separately on Netlify and Heroku respectively.
You can test the endpoints here: https://recipe-backend-api.herokuapp.com/
If you like the project, give it a star on GitHub.
Link to GitHub repo:
- Backend: https://github.com/earthcomfy/recipe-api
- Frontend: https://github.com/earthcomfy/react-recipe-app
Note: If you guys would like to see a tutorial on how some of the features are done, especially on the integration of Django and React, let me know in the comments section down below. I'll make sure to write a detailed article about the topic.
Any suggestions and feedbacks are welcome.
Thanks for your time.
Original Link: https://dev.to/earthcomfy/a-recipe-sharing-web-app-with-django-and-react-1n40